Hawgrip Plant Centre & Nursery is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of the information that you provide to us.
Hawgrip Plant Centre & Nursery are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of the information that you provide to us. In this section we aim to be honest and clear about how we respect your privacy and how we handle the information we collect from you whilst you are using our Website. We also want to point out that by visiting our Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Information we collect
In order to provide you with a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using our Website, we may collect and process information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, contact details such as your email address and phone number, date of birth, payment card details, products you buy and information about the way you have viewed and used our website (personal information).
Common scenarios involving the collection and processing of your personal information by us include information you give us and information we collect automatically about you. For example:
- Ordering Products – if you order products on our Website or correspond with us by phone or e-mail you will give us personal information necessary to process, confirm and complete your order. This will include your delivery address and your payment card details.
- Social Media – you may give us information when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or other social media accounts.
- Registering Online – if you decide to register as a customer on our Website, you will complete a registration form which requests personal information about you.
- Hawgrip Plant CentreReward Cards – if you decide to register as a Hawgrip Plant CentreReward Card member, you will complete a registration form which requests personal information about you.
- Competitions, Promotions and Surveys – if you enter any competition or promotion we run, you will provide personal information to us.
- Your preferences – you may choose to provide us with information about your marketing preferences to enhance and personalise your use of our Website.
Information we collect about you
Every time you visit our Website, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information – we may collect technical information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Visit information – we may collect information about your visit to our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors (under 18 years of age) do not submit any personal information to us.
Your use of the Website signifies your consent to our collection of such information
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer as you browse web pages on the internet. There are two types of cookie, often referred to as first party cookies and third party cookies. First party cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer directly by or on behalf of us. Third party cookies are text files which are stored by a third party website whilst you are browsing www.wyevalegardencentres.co.uk. It is important to highlight that cookies are not harmful to your computer and they do not store important information such as credit card details.
We use first party cookies to help identify and resolve errors on the Website and to recommend products we think you might like, thus enhancing your experience on our Website. We also use them to keep track of what you have in your basket and to remember you next time you visit the Website. If you wish to order products from our Website then you need to have first party cookies enabled.
In addition to first party cookies we also feature carefully selected suppliers to help us optimise our marketing. These suppliers will also place cookies (of the third party variety) on your computer. If you would like to opt out of this activity then you have the option to block these cookies using your browser settings.
The following describe the cookies we use on this Website and what we use them for.
- We use a session cookie to remember your login details and what you’ve put in the shopping basket. These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the Website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the Website will be broken – including the ability to place orders.
- We use this to understand how the Website is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview
Social share buttons
- On many of the pages of the site you will see ‘Social Share buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark pages of the Website. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook ‘Like’ and others. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of www.palmersgardencentre.co.uk. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on www.palmersgardencentres.co.uk. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases, like Google and Facebook for example, these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting www.palmersgardencentres.co.uk, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button to log into their services. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
How we use your personal information
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using our Website. This allows us to deliver products, and to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customise our service to make your experience easier and quicker.
We are likely to use your information for a number of business purposes and activities, including the following:
- To process, confirm and complete any order of products that you make. In order to process payments online we require the billing address for the payment card used and your payment card details, which are passed to our payment processor, World Pay.
- To manage our relationship with you if you are a registered customer.
- To manage our relationship with you if you are a Reward Card member, this includes keeping a record of and updating you of any Reward Card benefits that you are entitled to.
- To notify competition winners. We will not publish winners’ details on the site though on request we will provide details of any winner’s name. If the survey or contest has a sponsor then we may share information given by entrants with the sponsor, but only with the user’s consent.
- To collect certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve our users.
- If you have provided us with information about your preferences, we may use your information to update you about products, promotions and offers that we think you may be interested in. You may update your preferences at any time or opt out of receiving such information at any time by contacting customer services. Alternatively you can also opt-out directly by using the unsubscribe links contained within the update e-mails. Even if you opt out of receiving such updates, we may still need to use your personal information for certain important purposes, such as completing an order that you have made.
- We use information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Website, to resolve any disputes and to troubleshoot problems. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular on rare occasions we may evaluate your information to look for users using multiple User IDs or aliases.
Our disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, Intellectual Property Rights infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
Occasionally we may need to share your information with third parties, as outlined below:
- Payment Processing – we take online payments for our products and/or services. We use World Pay as our external payment provider. In addition to the information outlined above, we require the billing address of the credit card you use so that we can pass this to World Pay who check the address against the cardholder’s details for security purposes. We don’t store the credit card details on our server but we do store the billing details and a unique reference to your card details on the server so that we can process refunds or so you can pay again with the same card more easily. We also use the billing details in case we need to contact you regarding payments e.g. for a failed transaction. World Pay requires that you provide your credit card details to process the transaction. This is done on our secure server and this data is passed immediately and securely to World Pay for their processing. All communications between our servers and World Pay pass over an encrypted connection using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
- Processing Orders – we use third parties to perform certain activities to help us complete your orders. For example, we use a third party to fulfil orders and deliver products to you. These third parties require access to your personal information to be able to perform their functions.
- Corporate Transactions – in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or are subject to a corporate reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Advertisers – we do occasionally aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in aggregate to advertisers and for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. There are some cases where we do pass on your personal details, however we only do this if you explicitly agree to this, typically by checking an opt-in checkbox where the default position will be that you do not agree to your details being passed on. For example, where we have events such as Supplier Showcases you may choose to opt-in, at the time of registering for the event, to allow your details to be passed on to those presenting
- Your Personal Information is stored in our databases. Please note that the information you enter is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area by us. Where we need to provide appropriate details to third parties to complete the service purchased by you (such as passing your details to a delivery company to effect delivery of goods you have purchased) we cannot confirm where these third parties store their data. By submitting your information, you consent to this transfer.
Payment and credit card details
As explained above, we store a unique reference against your card details which allows us to process refunds automatically. Only the last four digits of your card number are available to our administrative staff. The first twelve digits are hidden so that our staff cannot see your full card details. None of your card or billing details are published on the Website in any way, nor are they visible to other users on your membership account.
Hawgrip Plant Centre & Nursery cooperates with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, Intellectual Property Rights and other rights. Local and international law enforcement agencies can request and may receive your personally identifiable information.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers
From time to time we use third party Suppliers and Service Providers to facilitate our services. Where any Service Provider collects information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a Service Provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the Supplier or Service Provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
Reviewing, changing and requesting your personally identifiable information
You can at any time review and change the information you submitted during registration by visiting the “My Account” section of the Website. You must promptly update your information if it changes. Once posted, you cannot change or remove any public postings made in our forums or other message areas or the feedback area.
You can at any time ask to see and have removed any information that we have stored on you, though we reserve the right to charge for this service. Please contact us if you would like your personal information removed. We will retain in our files information you have requested to remove in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms of Website Use, Terms & Conditions of Purchase and this Privacy & Cookies Policy. Further, such information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests that it be removed.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to request access to your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please use the Contact Us details on the Website. We have the right to charge you a £10.00 fee to cover our costs in providing you with this information.
Other information collectors
Except as otherwise expressly discussed in this Policy, this document only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your information to other parties, whether they are other members of the Website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the personal information you disclose to them.
In order to process and help protect your credit card details, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to secure all communications between the site and you where sensitive information is being exchanged. This includes (but is not limited to) Registration, Login, My Account and Checkout pages. On the Website we use reasonable endeavours to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information but we do not use encryption to store your personally identifiable information. This is because we do not believe that the personal information we currently collect warrants such measures and the accompanying loss of speed experienced. You should be aware that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
Your account and password
Control of your password
Except as specifically permitted by this section, you may not disclose your Hawgrip Plant Centre & Nursery password to any third parties nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password by visiting the “Change Password” section in “My Account”.
You may, however, disclose your password to certain third parties with whom we have entered into specific contractual and technical arrangements designed to safeguard your password, in order to enjoy the benefits of those third parties’ services. If you wish to change your password you can do so at any time through the “Change Password” section in “My Account” section of the site.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Terms of Website Use.
This policy was last updated in April 2020